This post is actually an excerpt from an email I sent out recently to members of TopTierIncome.com as well as anyone else who has been on my Internet marketing team in the last 3 years.
It contains some comments that will agitate many people, especially a small but powerful cluster of folks out there who have a strong vested interest in not disrupting the status quo around the online home business industry.
For my part here’s my commitment… I will approve ANY non-spam comment that is left on this post. If I’ve said something in error PLEASE let the world know it (just don’t attach your affiliate link within the comment or it will be auto-flagged as spam).
It has been suggested by a few members of what I half-jokingly refer to as the “Internet Illuminati” that comments on my last post were being censored, given that of the 24 comments received at last count 100% of them trended in support of my comments.
Hard to believe that the truth resonates with people, huh?
So here’s the email excerpt (I’ve omitted the portions of the email that are only relevant to system members):
I am sending this email to all current TopTierIncome.com members as well as all current and previous members of my marketing team over the last 3 years.
This is mainly an update for TTI members however for the rest of my team present and past it will serve as an update as to what’s been going on and where we are headed from here.
Even for current TTI members I encourage you to read all the way to the end. The logic behind what we are doing here, and the history behind it, is important to understand for shaping your brand (and conversations) going forward.
I have had numerous inquiries over the last few weeks from people along the lines of:
“So Jeff, rumor is you’ve fixed what’s broken with the whole ‘make money on the Internet’ thing… Is that true? If so, how?”
Well it’s a more involved question than I can tackle in one email but the short answer is yes, we have assembled what I believe is the most complete system for creating that fabled “rising tide” that we hear so much talk about (but haven’t seen anywhere online for the last 2 years).
The reasons for this come down to understanding a few fundamental changes that have happened online in the last year or two and being willing to meaningfully adapt the way a marketing system works tot he new paradigms. This unfortunately is not something many marketing systems were willing to do since these companies had sunk so much money and brand equity into technology that worked in certain ways and instructional content that taught these ways.
A few examples:
- Reliance on replicated sites – I discuss this more later in this email but basically while there is still some merit to an individual using a “replicated site” to promote an offer to their own list or through some privately-known alternative traffic source, as a general principle for building a marketing system that supposedly offers widespread promise the replicated site is dead.
When a quick Alexa search of the 100 largest websites on the Internet reveals 90+ sites that do not accept advertising that points to replicated site you know the Internet tide has turned against “carbon copy” style marketing and any system that makes this the core of their marketing approach is in denial.
TopTierIncome.com takes a completely different approach… one that dovetails into the next paradigm shift in online marketing:
- To become a truly self-sufficient entrepreneur (and really tap into the massive ’7 figure’ promise that the Internet holds) marketers will have to learn how to create their own sales funnels. This reality has actually been known for a while but nobody wanted to really admit it due to the widely-held viewpoint that teaching “newbies” to deal with things like web hosting, website design/management, offer creation, copywriting, etc. was a recipe for having a bunch of pissed off people claiming “this is waaay more complicated than I signed up for!”
And frankly, given the resources most marketing systems are dealing with there was and is a lot of truth to that concern. Building your own sales funnel is a fairly involved process and given how much the “make money online” industry is built around promising “easy” “duplicatable” “carbon copy” methods it would have been undermining to start telling people that this is what they would need to do.
Unfortunately though for the last two years it has also been dishonest to pretend otherwise… Whether we’ve all been in willfully misleading or simply in denial is splitting hairs… the point is I’m calling BS on the whole “our members are not capable of doing the things we actually do, so let’s teach them to do things that don’t work because they make our business sound easier.”
(Anyone tried generating home business leads with social media lately? How’d that work out? Exactly. So why is every guru and system out there teaching it as a viable method for lead generation?)
*Note I’m not saying social media doesn’t have a place in an online funnel, but that place is not at the front end lead generation for affiliate or network marketing offers.
And there are a myriad of other ways that things have changed… in a perfect world I’d take a year off and write a book but with the way the Internet is going by the time the book was done we would need another book. Suffice for now to say that TopTierIncome.com not only acknowledges the ways in which the online home business industry looks nothing like it did a year or two ago but we actually have built a new approach that works (instead of sweating bullets of denial as we row upstream and wonder why conversions are down and nobody’s getting results).
We have things like:
- A Traffic co-op. We work together to get better leads at better prices instead of teaching our members to go compete with each other in the marketplace and drive prices up.
- A closing system. We don’t try to convince you that we’re gonna turn you into a ‘prospecting’ or ‘closing’ machine. The bottom line is that some people are cut out for phone sales and some people aren’t but rather than sell solutions promising to turn you into the next Tom Hopkins we make you an offer… we’ll close all your high-end sales for you for in exchange for 25% of the commissions. it’s a win-win, especially when you consider that you are currently giving up 100% commission on every sale you’re not making!
- An easy way for people to build their own funnels. This one’s a biggie. Remember what we said above… for over a year now nobody has wanted to confront the necessity of teaching people to build their own funnels since using widely-available tools to do so (like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Squarespace, Blogspot, and other online platforms) was next to impossible. All the systems out there are built for either blogging or content sites, but there was nothing that made it easy to build the range of page and site classes needed to create an online funnel (capture pages, one-time-offer pages, exit pop ups, sales letters, shopping cart pages with upsells, hubsites, jump pages spread through a funnel,multiple domains, etc.) Until now. With the HubOpus website builder system (included with your TTI membership) all these things and more become as easy as checking boxes and clicking buttons. HubOpus is the ONLY content management system (CMS) website platform out there that is built do to the things marketers need to do, without requiring custom programming.
- Training that is linear and not confusing. With the Internet changing as much as it does other systems seem to have taken the approach that to keep up they need to put out a new training each week on “What’s Working Now”. What’s ironic about this is that it’s a self-perpetuating problem that goes like this:
- Current methods aren’t working (or more precisely current methods have gotten too expensive or complex to teach to beginners)
- Let’s find something new we can teach
- Okay found it, let’s have a training on it
- Okay we just showed it to 500 marketers on a webinar
- Okay the cost to do what we were doing just quadrupled because 500 people are now competing with us (and each other)
- Okay the owner of whatever marketing method just banned us from their platform b/c our members flooded their support with inquiries, half of which were complaining about the wait time or price increases brought on by the recent flood of our members.
- Okay find new method
- Repeat cycle
Get it? it’s ridiculous. And it all stems from one main problem we alluded to earlier… the traffic sources that DO have enough capacity to accommodate thousands of marketers (like Google, Facebook, YouTube, etc.) require sophisticated, unique, standalone funnels to advertise on and are primarily interested in advertisers who can spend $10K a month or more. So new marketers are left fighting over the scraps of advertising that are still available to them, and whenever some little untapped pocket is identified that does produce steady quality leads it had best be protected or else it will be destroyed as soon as word gets out.
The only question I have is: Why do other “leaders” in this industry not see the value in facing up to the way things are???
Since myself and our team got out of denial and started dealing with things as they are we have seen exponential growth, both in team size and also in sales per team member. We have launched our own system, TopTierIncome.com, which is now seen by those in the know as the best (and perhaps only) way to make real money online for the average person getting started now.
Between the co-op, closing support, website system, and revamped training approach TopTierIncome.com now contains all the pieces needed to deliver on the much heralded “turnkey marketing system” we have all been hearing about for years. And all it took to create it was a willingness to see things as they are and challenge the status quo a bit.
Reminds me of the song by Muse called Knights of Cydonia.
The opening lyrics go:
Come ride with me
through the veins of history.
I’ll show you how God
falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win
when fools can be kings?
Don’t waste your time or
time will waste you.
Translation: The Internet marketing Gods (gurus) have been asleep on the job, appointing fools for kings (trainers) and wasting new marketers’ time learning methods that don’t work or won’t work soon.
Okay, cool. I think I’ve said my peace about all that…
So like I said, if my ideas here strike a chord and you’d like to be a part of the next wave of Internet home business success stories then come join us!